Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Loin Pork Chops with Apples recipe, or contribute your own. "Garlic" and "Wine" are two of the tags cooks chose for Loin Pork Chops with Apples.
"I subbed apple cider for wine. Sweet potatoes baked as side dish. I think onions would add a dimension, scant teaspoon butter and maple syrup, grind of pepper made nice sauce. Pears can be used instead of apples."- KLHink
73 people want to try | 153 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Loin Pork Chops with Apples"
1. Sprinke the chops with the salt.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, large enough to hold both chops and apples - when they are added - in one layer.
3. Add the chops and the garlic to the skillet and brown well on one side, about 5 min. Turn and brown on the other side, about 10 min.
4. Push the chops aside and add the apples in one layer. Continue cooking 15 min. Turning the apples so that they brown and cook evenly.
5. Remove the chops and apples to a warm serving dish.
6. Pour off the fat from the skillet. Add the wine, stirring to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom and sides of the pan. Add the broth and simmer down to a saucelike consistency. Discard the garlic.
7. Pour the sauce over the chops and apples and serve.
This great dish is named: Filets de porc aux pommes
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
FarNorthBlondi 2 years agoLiked it very much. Simple but good!
etchasteph 2 years agofantastic recipe! just be sure not to use a sour apple!
KLHink 4 years agoI subbed apple cider for wine. Sweet potatoes baked as side dish. I think onions would add a dimension, scant teaspoon butter and maple syrup, grind of pepper made nice sauce. Pears can be used instead of apples.
william212 8 years ago
vodka0825 8 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
vodka0825 8 years agoI didn't have any loin pork chops on hand (see photo) but the recipe still turned out great! It's hard to go wrong with pork and apples :) Cooking twice as much sauce than the recipe calls for is a good idea.