Loin Pork Chops with Apples
Try this Loin Pork Chops with Apples recipe, or contribute your own. "Garlic" and "Wine" are two of the tags cooks chose for Loin Pork Chops with Apples."I subbed apple cider for wine. Sweet potatoes baked as side dish. I think onions would add a dimension, scant teaspoon butter and maple syrup, grind of pepper made nice sauce. Pears can be used instead of apples." - KLHink
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
65 people trying soon
Loin Pork Chops with Apples Preparation
1. Sprinke the chops with the salt.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, large enough to hold both chops and apples - when they are added - in one layer.
3. Add the chops and the garlic to the skillet and brown well on one side, about 5 min. Turn and brown on the other side, about 10 min.
4. Push the chops aside and add the apples in one layer. Continue cooking 15 min. Turning the apples so that they brown and cook evenly.
5. Remove the chops and apples to a warm serving dish.
6. Pour off the fat from the skillet. Add the wine, stirring to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom and sides of the pan. Add the broth and simmer down to a saucelike consistency. Discard the garlic.
7. Pour the sauce over the chops and apples and serve.
This great dish is named: Filets de porc aux pommes
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?