Over-the-rainbow Macaroni and Cheese
Verified by stevemur
|1 tablespoonVegetable oil|
|1 poundelbow macaroni|
|1/2 cupMuenster cheese; Shredded|
|1/2 cupmild Cheddar; Shredded|
|1/2 cupsharp Cheddar; Shredded|
|1/2 cupMonterey Jack; Shredded|
|1 cupVelveeta; cut into small cubes|
|2 largeEggs; lightly beaten|
|1/4 teaspoonSeasoned salt|
|1/8 teaspoonBlack Pepper; freshly ground|
Over-the-rainbow Macaroni and Cheese Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a deep 2 and 1/2 quart casserole.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
3. In a small saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons of the butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheeses. To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 and 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with the salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
5. Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
OPTIONAL: For extra special occasions, you can substitute milk for the half-and-half and add an extra stick of butter. You can also add breadcrumbs to the 1 tablespoon of butter in step 4 and sprinkle that on the top. Excellent as either a side or main dish.
Converted by MC_Buster, minor edits by daveyandlili :)
NOTES : From Patti La Belle Recipe by: Good Morning America
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Over-the-rainbow Macaroni and Cheese Reviews
added rating, love this recipe
5 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes ago
[I made edits to this recipe.]
5 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes ago