Jan Zepps Hot Chocolate Mix
Jan Zepps Hot Chocolate Mix Preparation
The following recipes and tips were in an article in the Food Day section of the Oregonian. They are from Marnie Swedberg, author of "Marnies Kitchen Shortcuts."
Combine dry milk, Nestles Quick, creamer and sugar. Store in sealed plastic container. To use: Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mix to 1 cup hot water.
* Store homemade mixes in airtight, moisture-proof containers or in resealable freezer bags. Swedberg prefers sour cream and cottage cheese containers; for large batches, she uses ice cream buckets and deli containers.
* Mixes containing shortening or bread crumbs will stay fresh for six months. Spice mixes will stay fresh longer, but tastes and aromas may decline with age. Freezing extends shelf life.
* An empty shoe box works well as a "filing cabinet" for plastic freezer bags filled with dry mixes.
* Label mixes as you prepare them. Include the name of the mix, date assembled and use instructions. Try self-adhesive labels or a small square of paper taped to the container.
* Assembly will go more quickly if you use two sets of measuring utensils: one for dry ingredients and the other for shortening.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Jan Zepps Hot Chocolate Mix. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven