Try this Hash Browns recipe, or contribute your own. "Potato" and "Breakfast" are two of the tags cooks chose for Hash Browns."Very tasty. I added a little cayenne pepper. I thought they were a little greasy, maybe my oil was not hot enough. I tried a batch with very little oil and those were still tasty but did not have the same crunch. I think there is probably a middle ground to be found. I will definitely make these again!" - lisacrooke
Yield: 4 Ready in 10 minutes
550 people trying soon
Hash Browns Preparation
* Peel potatoes
* Shred potatoes in food processor
* Rinse shredded potatoes until water is clear
* Drain and squeeze dry
* Place shreds in a bowl, and mix in the onion, flour and egg until evenly distributed.
In a large heavy skillet
* Heat about 1/4 inch of oil over medium-high heat.
When oil is sizzling hot,
* Place potatoes into the pan in a 1/2 inch thick layer.
- Cover the whole bottom of the pan, or make separate piles like pancakes.
* Cook until nicely browned on the bottom, then flip over and brown on the other side.
- It should take at least 5 minutes per side. If you are cooking them in one big piece, it can be cut into quarters for easier flipping.
* Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels.
* Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Good old fashioned restaurant-style hash browns. Perfect with hot pepper sauce and ketchup!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?