Ken's Bread Pudding
Try this Ken's Bread Pudding recipe, or contribute your own. "Canadian" and "Ken's Favorites" are two of the tags cooks chose for Ken's Bread Pudding.
Yield: 8 Ready in 45 minutes
11 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Ken's Bread Pudding Preparation
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Warm the milk and apple juice in saucepan.Beat egg and egg whites in bowl; add 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon; add bread, warm milk, and juice.
3) Let mixture sit 20 minutes.
4) Grease the bread pan with 1/2 of the margarine.Layer the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 of the raisins, repeat procedure for next layer, then end with bread mixture on top layer.
5) In frying pan melt remaining margarine; add fresh bread crumbs until golden; add brown sugar, then sprinkle the mixture over layered bread pudding.
6) Place bread pan into larger pan, which contains enough hot water to come half way up the side of the bread pan.Bake until knife inserted into pudding comes out clean (approximately 45 to 60 minutes).
Remove from oven, cool, then refrigerate.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Ken's Bread Pudding Reviews
8 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes ago
8 years, 9 months, 8 hours, 16 minutes ago
8 years, 10 months, 4 days, 1 hours, 29 minutes ago