Ready in 45 minutes
This is an excellent, hearty dish! Family loves it!
"This one made it to my favorites. Even my husband, who is not a vegetable fan, loved it. I did cut the potatoes a bit smaller based on one of the reviews and they cooked nicely."- kswice
Top-ranked recipe named "Country Style Chicken and Vegetables"
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 2 large flameproof roasting pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the chopped garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper and oil.
3. In a large bowl, toss mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and onion with 2 tablespoons herb mixture. Spoon into roasting pans, dividing equally between the two. Brush remaining herb mixture over chicken pieces. Place chicken, skin side up in pans and arrange the vegetables around them.
4. Bake in 400-degree oven for 45 minutes. Then add 1/3-cup chicken broth to each roasting pan. Baste the chicken with pan juices. Continue to bake for 15 minutes longer. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a serving dish, keep warm.
5. Place one pan over medium heat on stovetop. Add cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, pour through strainer to a small bowl. Repeat with remaining roasting pan and chicken broth. Pour pan juices over chicken and vegetables and serve.
herbgrower 1 year agoThis was very tasty and easy. I used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and some wild mushrooms. The sauce had a lot of flavor from the veggies.
Carolynanne 2 years agoDidn't have mushrooms so added sweet potato. Pre browned the chicken in frying pan. Really good. Definitely gonna do this one again
julie.a.cummings 2 years agoMy family loved this!
SuperModified 3 years agoMy families favorite diner
kswice 4 years agoThis one made it to my favorites. Even my husband, who is not a vegetable fan, loved it. I did cut the potatoes a bit smaller based on one of the reviews and they cooked nicely.
hsmom340 7 years agoI expected this recipe to be a good,homey dish..but, it was far from that. The flavors were very bland,and the potatoes werent even done! I even cut them smaller than called for. It was very easy (i only used 1 pan), and also very healthy, but nobody really cared for this at all. I also made gravy in the pan using the pan juices and Wondra (r).
hsmom340 7 years agoI expected this recipe to be a good,homey dish..but, it was far from that.
AkSnow 8 years ago
stevemur 9 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
katiesmom 9 years ago[I posted this recipe.]