Vegetarian Borshcht Preparation
1. Dice the onion and fry it up in butter
2. When the onion gets brown, add minced carrots.
3. Open the canned beets (or real beets).
4. Pour out the juices from the can of beats.
5. Dice beats in the style of hash browns or mini french fries.
6. Add diced beats to the onion and fry up some more.
7. Add 1 tbsof tomato paste, 2 tsps of Wine Vinegar, 1 tsp of sugar and mix them together.
8. Let the mix simmer for about 5 more minutes.
9. Slice up head of cabbage.
10. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
11. Put the sliced cabbage into the boiling water.
12. In 10-15 minutes, add the fried onions, carrots and beets into the boiling water.
13. Boil for 5-10 minutes.
14. Add salt, pepper, parsley, minced garlic and lavrovi list to taste.
15. Serve hot.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Vegetarian Borshcht Reviews
Lavrovy list is bay leaf.
1 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 21 hours, 49 minutes ago
what the heck is lavrovy list?
7 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 1 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
8 years, 3 months, 4 hours, 15 minutes ago