Ready in 45 minutes
Lean pork tenderloins are marinated, for several hours or overnight, in a dry mixture of spices, sugar and salt to cure the meat slightly. If you like a slightly smokey flavor - it's wonderful cooked on the grill! This is one of our family favorites.
7 people want to try | 12 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Spice-Glazed Pork Tenderloin"
1. In a 1-gallon zip-lock type bag combine the sugar, salt, pepper, coriander, and cloves. Place the tenderloins in the bag and coat with the dry spice mixture (you may need to shake and work it a bit), Add cup of maple syrup to the bag and massage into the tenderloins. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Alternatively - you could freeze them at this point.
2. Preheat the oven to 375. Place the tenderloins on a rack in a roasting pan, tuck the thin "tail" end of each tenderloin under itself to form a roast of even thickness. Tie with kitchen string to secure (depending on the roast's shape - I sometimes skip this step).
3. Brush each loin with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes. Brush the loins with maple syrup and roast for 25 to 30 minutes longer (basting twice more with maple syrup), until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 155.
4. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Brush the meat with pan juices (or more maple syrup). Slice the tenderloins across the grain into -inch-thick slices. Arrange 7 to 8 slices in a fan on each of 6 dinner plates.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Jetascook 8 years ago[I posted this recipe.]