Frugally Delicious French Toast
Frugally Delicious French Toast Preparation
* Heat iron skillet or griddle pan to medium-high heat. Coat pan, if needed, with cooking spray or a dab of butter or vegetable shortening.
* In a wide open bowl (I use a large cereal/soup bowl), lightly beat the two eggs and add milk, blending well. Stir in the cinnamon and sugar, as desired, and add a pinch of salt if you'd like.
* When the skillet is heated through, dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Place the coated bread on the hot skillet and repeat with as many that will fit, our family-sized griddle will hold 8 slices.
* If you can only cook two at a time in a pan or skillet, just re-stir the egg mixture before each dipping. Cook each piece of toast until lightly browned on both sides, and the egg coating looks fully cooked.
* Place the French toast on plates and serve warm with butter and syrup. You can also dust them with a little powdered sugar for a frugally elegant touch!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Frugally Delicious French Toast Reviews
this is frugally delicious!, CCheryl
3 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
8 years, 1 months, 20 hours, 33 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven