French Fish Loaf
Delightful Summer Dish, refreshing and light, blending Mediterrannean flavors of tomato and basil with the delicate texture of white fish. I would try adding capers and maybe some dill?
"This was a great recipe! I only had 1/2 a pound of white fish on hand and no fresh basil so I used 3 large tomatoes, 3 large eggs, and 2 tbsp of dried basil instead. I also didn't have a loaf pan on hand so I cheated and made French fish squares (haha) but it still turned out great :) I found that if you don't add capers or dill to this recipe a bit of ketchup as dressing is a must."- vodka0825
19 people want to try | 60 have favorited
French Fish Loaf Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Chop the fish filets then grind them in a blender or food processor.
3. Blanch tomatoes in boiling water then drain and "shock" them in ice water. When cool enough to handle, peel off skins, quarter them, scrape out their seeds, chop then fry them with the garlic in olive oil until they have lost almost all of their moisture.
4. Combine the mashed fish, tomatoes and chopped basil.
5. Beat the eggs and combine them with the fish and tomato mixture.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Put the mixture in a well-greased, nonstick loaf pan, place the pan in a bain-marie (a shallow dish filled with water), and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes. To test for doneness...stick a knife in the loaf. When the knife comes out clean, it is ready. Serve fish loaf cold with a green salad, decorated with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, fresh basil leaves and a lemony mayonnaise if you wish!~
I would add a few capers and dill to the recipe? Who knows?!~
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
French Fish Loaf Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven