Nautico's Key Lime Pie
Made from fresh key lime juice."I also altered to regular limes and lime juice, plus I'm British so had no idea what a Graham's cracker is so substituted for Hobnobs! (oaty crumbly biscuits). The crust was lovely and countered the sharp lime flavour- though it didn't stick together very well, that may have been the biscuits or a failing on my part. The lime flavour was extremely intense and after 3 slices I have a slight sore throat. Maybe I shouldn't have had 3 slices.....Will def make again to try and perfect." - JennKay
Yield: 8 Ready in 45 minutes
196 people trying soon
Nautico's Key Lime Pie Preparation
1) Separate 3 eggs. Brush crust with the whites.
2) Place egg yolks in deep container of the kind used with portable wisks.
3) Grate (or use zester) Persian limes into yolks.
4) Place crust in preheated (350) oven for 5 mins.
5) Beat yolk/zest for 5 mins with electric wisk.
6) Add sweetened condensed milk. Beat 3 additional mins.
7) Add juice and beat until blended (about 20 secs).
8) Pour mixture into crust.
9) Bake in 350-deg over for 10 mins to set.
10) Allow to cool on stove, then refrigerate.
11) Place pie in freezer 30 mins before serving.
NOTE: The secrets to this pie are three: 1) fresh juice, 2) lots of zest, and 3) freezing before serving.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?