7 people want to try | 25 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Nautico's Braised Lamb Shanks"
1) Brown the shanks in a heavy (cast iron) pan. Set crock pot on high.
2) Cut the onions into slices 1/2" thick. Lay half of them at the bottom of the pot.
3) Don latex gloves. While holding each shank over the pot, wet thoroughly with vermouth, then press liberal amounts of herbes de provence into all meat surfaces.
4) Place shanks atop onion slices, then remaining slices on top of the meat. Add remaining vermouth. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
5) Cut up the carrots into whatever lengths you prefer. Leave potatoes whole and skin on.
6) At the end of three hours, add potatoes and carrots and cook for an additional 2 hours.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
mcrismon 8 years ago
Nautico 8 years ago[I posted this recipe.]