Nautico's Pizza Scampi
This version with shrimp. Try lobster for a more indulgent treat."I'm always happy to find a good new pizza. I used concentrated pesto mixed with olive oil but next time I'll use fresh prepared pesto." - SunCook
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 98 people 27 people want to try
Nautico's Pizza Scampi Preparation
1) Preheat overn to 450.
2) Boil shrimp for 2 mins in 4 cups of seasoned water (Old Bay). Peel, devein, and set aside.
3) Heat pesto (I like fresh Contadina) on low in a small sauce pan until easily spreadable, then brush evenly over crust. Reserve 2 tabl for step #4. Add shredded cheese. Set aside.
4) Saute shrimp in 10" sauce pan over med high heat in butter for 2 mins, adding remaining pesto, parsley, and dill weed. Stir often. Add artichoke hearts at start of second minute and cover.
5) Lower temp under shrimp and artichoke mixture to low. Lower oven temp to 425 and bake crust for 8 mins on a perforated pizza sheet (middle oven position).
6) Spoon shrimp and artichokes evenly over crust and bake for an additional 2 mins.
This recipe made me a semi-finalist in Mama Mary's Gourmet Pizza crust contest in the first quarter of 2000.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Nautico's Pizza Scampi Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven