31 people want to try | 103 have favorited
1) Preheat overn to 450.
2) Boil shrimp for 2 mins in 4 cups of seasoned water (Old Bay). Peel, devein, and set aside.
3) Heat pesto (I like fresh Contadina) on low in a small sauce pan until easily spreadable, then brush evenly over crust. Reserve 2 tabl for step #4. Add shredded cheese. Set aside.
4) Saute shrimp in 10" sauce pan over med high heat in butter for 2 mins, adding remaining pesto, parsley, and dill weed. Stir often. Add artichoke hearts at start of second minute and cover.
5) Lower temp under shrimp and artichoke mixture to low. Lower oven temp to 425 and bake crust for 8 mins on a perforated pizza sheet (middle oven position).
6) Spoon shrimp and artichokes evenly over crust and bake for an additional 2 mins.
This recipe made me a semi-finalist in Mama Mary's Gourmet Pizza crust contest in the first quarter of 2000.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
SunCook 7 years agoI'm always happy to find a good new pizza. I used concentrated pesto mixed with olive oil but next time I'll use fresh prepared pesto.
Nautico 8 years agoThis recipe made me a semi-finalist in Mama Mary's Gourmet Pizza crust contest in the first quarter of 2000. [I posted this recipe.]