The author reports this is the first scone recipe she's tried with consistently fanstastic results. You may choose powdered buttermilk from the grocery store to avoid having to buy fresh buttermilk every time."The recipe calls for butter or margarine in the instructions, but the quantity used is not listed in either the ingredients or the instructions. I was not able to find a recipe similar to determine the amount needed and therefore never got to make them." - Heather2005
Yield: 15 Ready in 45 minutes
75 people trying soon
Buttermilk Scones Preparation
Oven temp: 425F / 220C / Gas Mark 7
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Rub in the butter or margarine with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3. Gradually pour in the buttermilk, stirring with a fork to form a soft dough.
4. Roll out the dough until 1/2 inch thick. (I often make mine thicker and roll it into one large circle). Cut into wedges with a sharp knife.
5. Place on the baking sheet and bake until golden, 12-15 minutes.
Fluffy and delicious scones!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?