Mache Feta Beet Salad
Mache is a great type of salad which has small, roundish leaves often sold in rosettes. It has a mild nutty, peppery flavor. If you can't find it, you could substitute your favorite salad green, such as baby spinach or arugula. The amounts I provide makes a small side salad with a high topping to lettuce ratio. If you want a large salad you might want to increase the amount of mache.
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 59 people 19 people want to try
Mache Feta Beet Salad Preparation
1. Wash the mache and dry in a salad spinner. Arrange on four plates.
2. Garnish salads with the pine nuts and feta.
3. Slice the beets and place one sliced beet on top of each salad.
4. Drizzle the salads with lemon oil (or any type of oil you think would go well - I used homemade lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil).
5. Season each salad with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to your taste.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Mache Feta Beet Salad Reviews
6 years, 4 months, 1 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
7 years, 9 months, 2 weeks, 1 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven