Who knew that granola was so easy to make? Instead of paying tons of money for it in the store, give this recipe a try. You can vary the nuts and fruits used, and adding a small amount of flavoring to the syrup will flavor the granola. Adapted from a Food Network recipe."This is really easy and good tasting! I added 1/4 c dried cranberries, 1/4 c raisins, and 1/2 c sliced almonds and my family loved it." - 1Chefarmiller
Yield: 1 Serving Ready in 45 minutes
120 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Great Granola Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Combine the oil and maple syrup in a small pot. Heat on medium, stirring occasionally, until hot.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oats, salt, wheat germ, and almonds.
4. Pour in the syrup mixture and stir to coat evenly.
5. Spread the granola mixture out on a baking sheet.
6. Bake until golden brown and dryish, about an 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once or twice during baking, take out the tray and redistribute the granola to help it dry more evenly.
7. Add dried fruits if desired and allow to cool. Store in a tightly sealed container a room temperature for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?