Ready in 45 minutes
An alternative take on an everyday favorite
"I added in a zucchini and left out the turkey to make it vegetarian. It ended up making only enough sauce for two pizzas, though, so if you do this, double the sauce.
I thought the sour of the lime juice overpowered the sauce so next time I'm going to cut down the lime juice. I also had trouble with the dough on the grill. Maybe it works better on a gas grill rather than a charcoal grill. I ended up baking the dough in the oven.
Overall, I would definitely make this again with some minor adjustments. "
Top-ranked recipe named "Thai Grilled Pizza"
1. Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
2. Combine lime juice, soy sauce, onion, cilantro, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, ginger, lime zest, red pepper flakes and garlic in a stockpot. Stir in shredded turkey. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Unroll pizza dough and pat into a rectangle, approximately 10 x 13 inches. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
4. Reduce grill heat to low. Brush grill rack with olive oil. Using the indirect grilling method, slide pizza crusts on grill and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes until dough is puffy and lightly browned.
5. Turn pizza crusts over. Top browned side of pizza crusts with heated turkey mixture. Sprinkle with green onions, carrot sticks and cilantro. Sprinkle pizzas with cheese.
6. Cover with grill lid or tent with foil. Heat pizzas about 5 minutes or until crusts are cooked on bottom, cheese melts and pizzas are hot.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
Keleynal 4 weeks agoMy husband was amazed by the fantastic flavors in this recipe even though he typically despises the flavor of peanut butter. I will definitely be making this again as an easy 10 minute meal. We do not have a grill so I baked crust at 400 degrees for 4 minutes, removed from the oven, added my toppings and then broiled for 5 minutes. Nice crispy pizza.
jeri_farough 2 months agoI loved it but would try without meat for my vegetarian son, Gregory.
aleejosue 4 months ago
megsacook 4 months agoI used Naan for the crust which was super quick and delicious...also left out the lemon zest and next time I will add a touch more peanut butter; but my husbnd and I gobblecd it up!
ezflushplumbing 8 months agoExcellent pizza! Try adding a little coconut and Sirachi sauce!
Marly21 11 month agoFound there was too much lime for my taste so cut it to half. Delish!
carlosleejulia 1 year agoVery good
nicolegory 1 year agoI really liked the flavor but thought it needed more sauce. Next time I will fool with it. My 4 yr old loved it!!
jengormanburke 2 years agoThis was very tasty. I thought the lime was a bit overpowering so will add less next time I make it. Used Trader Joes pizza crust, which was amazing. Did not grill, pre baked crust on stone for about 10 minutes before adding toppings and it turned out perfect!
Mollylc2000 2 years agoDelicious!! Even my picky 10 yr old ate all of her dinner!! :) Definitely making it again!