|1 Tablespoonolive oil|
|1 onion; peeled and chopped|
|1/2 CupCelery; diced|
|1 Cupcarrots; diced|
|12 Ouncesred skinned potatoes; peeled and diced|
|1 red bell pepper; seeded and chopped|
|2 Clovesgarlic; peeled and crushed|
|2 TablespoonsAll-purpose flour|
|3 CupsTURKEY STOCK|
|10 OuncesCOOKED TURKEY; diced|
|2 Ouncessweet corn kernels|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper; to taste|
|1 TeaspoonDried thyme|
|1/4 Cuplight cream or table cream|
Turkey Chowder Preparation
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently saute the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add red pepper and garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
2. Sprinkle flour onto vegetables and stir to blend well. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and gradually stir in the stock.
3. Return pan to heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add diced turkey and corn.
4. Add salt, pepper and thyme and continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and turkey is piping hot.
5. Stir in cream and adjust seasonings.
6. Serve in warm soup bowls.
Recipe Source: This recipe is provided by the British Turkey Information Service of London, England and photo provided by Canadian Turkey Marketing Agency
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Turkey Chowder Reviews
Recipe Source: This recipe is provided by the British Turkey Information Service of London, England and photo provided by Canadian Turkey Marketing Agency [I posted this recipe.]
7 years, 9 months, 1 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours, 11 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven