Turkey Cutlets with Soba Noodles and Cilantro-Peanut Pesto
Verified by stevemur
|1/4 Cupdry roasted salted peanuts|
|1/4 Cupscallions; cut into chunks|
|1 Cupcilantro leaves; washed, dried and packed|
|1/4 CupFresh lime juice|
|1/4 teaspoonRed pepper flakes|
|4 ouncesolive oil|
|1/2 cupCoconut milk|
|1/4 cupolive oil|
|1/4 cupcilantro leaves; washed, dried and chopped|
|2 clovesGarlic; minced|
|2 tablespoonsCurry powder|
|2 teaspoonsChili powder|
|1 tablespoonFresh lime juice|
|1 tablespoonSoy sauce|
|1 1/2 poundsTurkey cutlets; cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|1 1/2 poundssoba noodles; dry|
Turkey Cutlets with Soba Noodles and Cilantro-Peanut Pesto Preparation
1. Place garlic, peanuts, scallions, cilantro, lime juice and red pepper in the food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Slowly add olive oil, scraping the bowl as required.
1. In small bowl, combine coconut milk, oil, honey, cilantro, garlic, curry powder, chili powder, cumin, lime juice and soy sauce.
2. Pour 1/3 cup of mixture over turkey strips, tossing to coat thoroughly. Reserve remaining mixture. Cover and marinate turkey for 2 hours.
3. Prepare soba noodles according to package directions.
4. While cooking noodles, drain turkey. Coat large, non-stick skillet with vegetable spray and stir-fry turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 2 to 4 minutes.
5. Add reserved coconut mixture to turkey and heat until hot.
6. In a shallow soup bowl, serve turkey mixture atop soba noodles. Serve with Cilantro Pesto and garnish with additional cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?