Turkey Meatballs in a Pasta Crown
Verified by stevemur
|1 PoundGround turkey|
|1 CupOnion; finely chopped|
|1 CloveGarlic; minced|
|3 TablespoonsDried parsley|
|1/2 CupSeasoned bread crumbs|
|1/4 CupParmesan cheese; grated|
|1 TablespoonVegetable oil|
|3 Cupsprepared spaghetti sauce|
|8 Ouncesthin spaghetti|
|1/2 TeaspoonItalian seasoning|
|1/2 CupMozzarella Cheese; grated|
Turkey Meatballs in a Pasta Crown Preparation
1. In a medium bowl combine turkey, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 12 meatballs.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute meatballs in oil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until meat- balls are no longer pink in center.
3. In a large saucepan over low heat, warm spaghetti sauce.
4. Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain, do not rinse. Return spaghetti to cooking pan. Stir in remaining parsley, Italian seasoning, and mozzarella cheese.
5. Arrange meatballs in bottom of lightly greased 7-cup ring mold. Top with spaghetti, pressing firmly to mold spaghetti around meatballs. Allow mold to stand 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Invert mold onto large platter. Spoon spaghetti sauce into center of pasta crown.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?