Turkey Oskar with Bearnaise Sauce
Verified by stevemur
|3 TablespoonDry white wine|
|3 TablespoonTarragon Vinegar|
|1 Mediumshallot; minced|
|6 Sprigsfresh tarragon; leaves removed and reserved|
|8 White peppercorns; lightly crushed|
|3 LargeEgg yolks|
|1.5 tspwater; cold|
|1/2 Cupclarified unsalted butter; warm (not hot)|
|Turkey; Cutlets and Assembly|
|5 4-ozTURKEY CUTLETS|
|5 Ouncesclarified unsalted butter|
|20 Mediumfresh asparagus spears; steamed, shocked and cut into pieces|
|1/3 poundfresh crabmeat; picked over to remove shells|
Turkey Oskar with Bearnaise Sauce Preparation
1. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine wine, tarragon vinegar, shallot, fresh tarragon and peppercorns. Simmer, uncovered, until reduced by two-thirds. Strain liquid; remove tarragon sprigs and peppercorns. Allow wine reduction to cool.
2. Combine egg yolks and water and whisk mixture until it is light and frothy. Place in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. Whisk until the eggs are thickened, about 2 to 4 minutes. Do not over cook the yolks.
3. Remove eggs from the heat and whip to slightly cool the mixture.
4. While whisking constantly, slowly add warm clarified butter, first a few drops at a time. Once the emulsion starts, the butter may be added at a slightly quicker rate.
5. Stir in reserved chopped tarragon leaves and reserved wine reduction. Season with salt and white pepper.
6. Keep barnaise sauce warm in a covered double boiler pan over low heat.
Turkey Cutlets and Assembly:
1. Place turkey cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap. Carefully pound cutlets to an even -inch thickness maintaining each cutlet in one piece.
2. Dust flattened cutlet with flour.
3. Saut both sides of cutlets in clarified butter. Remove cutlets from the pan and keep warm.
4. Reduce heat to low and add asparagus and crabmeat to pan. Warm over low flame.
5. Place turkey cutlets on warm dinner plates.
6. Arrange 4 asparagus spears and 1-ounce crab atop each turkey cutlet. Top with3-ounces warm barnaise sauce.
Recipe Source: Chef: Chef/Owner Russ Adams
Restaurant: Strongbow Inn
Location: Valparaiso, IN.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?