Turkey Vegetable Soup
|2 poundTURKEY WINGS|
|2 onions; quartered|
|1 Carrot,carrot; cut in chunks|
|2 Cubeslow-sodium chicken bouillon; or TURKEY BROTH|
|1 Earcorn; cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 carrot; peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 Stalkcelery; cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 Mediumzucchini; cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices|
|4 Mediumtomatoes; peeled and cut into quarters|
|1 Cupsugar-snap peas or green beans|
|1 Mediumleek; well rinsed and thinly sliced|
|1/2 Cuplima beans|
|1 Cupbroccoli flowerettes|
|3 Tablespoonspearl barley|
|3 Tablespoonsfresh parsley; chopped; or 1 tablespoon dry|
|1.5 tspfresh oregano; chopped; or 1/2 teaspoon dry|
|1 Clovegarlic; mashed with 1/4 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 TeaspoonBlack Pepper; freshly ground|
Turkey Vegetable Soup Preparation
1. In a 5-quart saucepan combine first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off any foam. Reduce heat, cover and simmer mixture for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until turkey is tender.
2. Remove turkey from cooking liquid and allow to cool. Remove poultry from bones, discard skin and bones. Cube poultry, cover and chill.
3. Strain broth. Discard seasoning, vegetables and spices. Skim off any remaining fat. Return broth to saucepan.
4. Add remaining vegetables, barley and seasonings. Over high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Cover and immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
5. Add reserved turkey and gently cook 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Turkey Vegetable Soup Reviews
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation [I posted this recipe.]
7 years, 9 months, 1 weeks, 5 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven