Ready in 45 minutes
Elegant comfort food with a great mix of flavors. This recipe makes 4 appetizer / side dish portions or two main dishes.
"I thought it was delicious. I added and deleted some, but I have to commend you for an easy to follow recipe."- Bettymouze
215 people want to try | 520 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Prosciutto Gorgonzola Risotto"
1. Heat butter and oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until just golden, stirring occasionally. Add prosciutto and stir briefly.
2. Add risotto to pot, and cook about 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Add vermouth if using, or 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. Stir into the risotto until absorbed.
4. Continue adding stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often, until it is absorbed.
5. Once the risotto is done, remove from heat. Cut the gorgonzola into smaller pieces and add, stirring, until they are mostly melted
6. Season to taste. You may not need much salt because of the salt content of the other ingredients.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
screspin 6 months agoVery good and easy to make!
Bettymouze 1 year agoI thought it was delicious. I added and deleted some, but I have to commend you for an easy to follow recipe.
Debpreble 2 years agoEasy to follow instructions. The gorgonzola was a little strong. I think next time I make it I will use goat cheese.
jen81076 2 years agoServed with Steak. Might reduce the gorgonzola next time
Kaddish 2 years agoThis was seriously nasty. I followed the recipe, exactly, and nobody would eat it at dinner.
warnerjim 6 years ago
cajuntoast 8 years ago[I posted this recipe.]