Prosciutto Gorgonzola Risotto
Elegant comfort food with a great mix of flavors. This recipe makes 4 appetizer / side dish portions or two main dishes."I thought it was delicious. I added and deleted some, but I have to commend you for an easy to follow recipe." - Bettymouze
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 481 people 188 people want to try
Prosciutto Gorgonzola Risotto Preparation
1. Heat butter and oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until just golden, stirring occasionally. Add prosciutto and stir briefly.
2. Add risotto to pot, and cook about 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Add vermouth if using, or 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. Stir into the risotto until absorbed.
4. Continue adding stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often, until it is absorbed.
5. Once the risotto is done, remove from heat. Cut the gorgonzola into smaller pieces and add, stirring, until they are mostly melted
6. Season to taste. You may not need much salt because of the salt content of the other ingredients.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Prosciutto Gorgonzola Risotto Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven