Cranberry Pecan Biscotti
Dried cranberries and pecans make a great combination, but you can also vary this recipe to accommodate whatever nuts and dried fruits you have on hand. These will last a long time in a tin - that is, if they don't get eaten!
Yield: 1 Ready in 45 minutes
46 people trying soon
Cranberry Pecan Biscotti Preparation
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. If it is extremely sticky, stir in some extra flour.
5. Add chopped nuts and currants.
6. Make into loaves 1/2 inch high and 2 inches wide.
7. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until light brown.
8. Cool at least 5 minutes, then slice into 1/2 inch thick slices with a serrated knife.
9. Lay slices on their side on a baking dish, and bake 10 minutes or longer to dry slightly. If the slices are not dried after 10 or 15 minutes, you can turn off the oven and leave them inside to dry without having to worry about them getting too dark.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Cranberry Pecan Biscotti Reviews
Another sharp, gorgeous photo CajunToast. We just love your work!
7 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 9 hours, 31 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
7 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 10 hours, 10 minutes ago