Pecan Cake with Maple Frosting
Try this Pecan Cake with Maple Frosting recipe, or contribute your own. "Cake" and "American" are two of the tags cooks chose for Pecan Cake with Maple Frosting.
Yield: 10 Ready in 45 minutes
5 people trying soon
|1 cupWhole wheat flour|
|1 cupPecan flour|
|2 teaspoonsBaking Powder|
|3 largeEgg yolks; lightly beaten|
|6 largeEgg whites|
|2/3 cupMaple syrup|
|1/3 cupCanola oil|
|3/4 cupMaple syrup|
|4 ouncesCream cheese; softened|
|1 1/5 cupButter; softened (1/2 lb)|
|1/2 cupPowdered sugar|
|1/2 cupPecans; toasted and chopped|
Pecan Cake with Maple Frosting Preparation
CAKE: 1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter and flour a 9-inch spring form pan. In a bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, maple syrup, oil, and brandy. Pour into flour mixture; stir to combine.
4. In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat until glossy, about 2 minutes. Stir a quarter of the egg-white mixture into yolk mixture. Scrape into remaining egg-white mixture and fold in gently.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes. Transfer in pan to rack and let cool 1 hour.
6. Remove pan rim. Cut in half horizontally and place bottom layer on a cake plate. Spread with half the maple-cream cheese frosting. Top with remaining layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and top with pecans.
FROSTING: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring maple syrup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until reduced by about a third, 10-12 minutes. Pour into a glass measuring cup nested in a bowl of ice water and stir constantly until syrup is very thick and barely warm to touch, 3-4 minutes. Remove from ice water. In a bowl, with a mixer on low, beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. Beat in powdered sugar; scrape in reduced syrup; beat until smooth.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pecan Cake with Maple Frosting Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
7 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 22 hours, ago