Ready in 45 minutes
I've recently discovered "no pre-boil" noodles here in the US, and despite my initial skepticism, they really work extremely well.
"I varied the recipe a bit to use what I had on hand. I used frozen spinach (1 10oz) defrosted, frozen onion mix which had red and green peppers in it too, and carrot instead of celery (julianned and chopped). I generally try to pump up veggies in recipes, so I didn't really measure... :o) My husband, who initially said "lasagna should be stuffed with meat and cheese only", and scowled when I mentioned mushroom and spinach, ate it and LOVED it. The fresh basil is a must. I think next time I'll add a bit more spinach. ;o)
Definitely a great recipe and I will make it again for sure! "
1,413 people want to try | 2,104 have favorited
Preheat oven to 375F.
Wash and dry spinach leaves thoroughly. Cut off stems.
Prepare Meat Sauce:
1) Over medium-high heat, sautee celery, garlic (minced), and the chopped onion in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until medium brown. Add oregano. Set aside.
2) In same pan, saute mushrooms until brown. Set aside.
3) In same pan, saute ground turkey until brown -- drain liquid. Add mushrooms and onion/celery/garlic mixture from step 1. Add spaghetti sauce and chopped tomatoes. Season with pepper to taste (if you've used a store-bought spaghetti sauce, chances are you won't need additional salt.) Bring pan to low and simmer.
4) Meanwhile, in large lasagna pan, spoon 5-6 tablespoonsful of the tomato sauce mixture to the bottom of the pan (this is to prevent noodles from sticking).
5) Arrange enough noodles in bottom of pan to cover. Do not overlap.
6) In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, and basil.
7) Spoon 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, top with a layer of spinach leaves, then mozzarella, then meat sauce. Add noodles and repeat -- ricotta cheese, spinach, meats sauce, mozarella. Then noodles. Add meat sauce and top with mozarella cheese on top to finish.
Cover with aluminum foil ("tent" it a little, to ensure the cheese doesn't stick) and bake for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a simple tossed salad, Italian Dressing and a bottle of Pinot Grigio or your favorite Italian red wine for a great meal.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
3millendez 2 days 8 hours agoDelicious! I just added more spinach and cheeeeese....
skyjazzy 4 days 15 hours ago
Thekidsmom1224 2 weeks agoNext time, I wont use fat free ricotta, which I felt made the dish a bit dry. Also, I won't drain the tomatoes before adding them to the meat sauce. However, it was a big hit with my family and friends and I know I'll be making it again.
Craiza 3 months agoBest lasagna ever!
tlbarker72 5 months agoThis is so good! It was a big hit with the teenagers and is definitely a recipe to keep. I wasn't crazy about the no-boil noodles, so next time I'll go back to the regular lasagna noodles. The meat sauce had a good flavor but 4T of oregano was a bit much, so I'll cut back a little on the next batch. Other than that, this is a super yummy lasagna recipe.
Kynamo1 7 months agoGreat!!!! The taste is phenomenal.
Jennelson1984 8 months agoThis recipe is awesome! I've made it twice now. Thanks for posting!
stevemur 11 month agosmspe -- see step 6 in the directions; mix chopped basil in with the ricotta. Enjoy!
Smspe 11 month agoHaven't tried it yet, but I assume you add the basil to the spaghetti sauce. Couldn't find any reference to the basil in the directions. Maybe I just am not seeing it!
laceyclendening 1 year agoListen... I can burn water. I've tried to make this a million times but it came out like lasagna soup. I used THIS recipe and it turned out perfect! I added salt and garlic to taste and also didn't have burger so i just used sausage. Either way the noodles are cooked through and wasn't soup! Thank you so much! A must try!
Jalaur 1 year agoThis was easy and delicious!!
maggiejsmith 1 year ago
kaylawalters 1 year agoYum!''
CourtK81 1 year agoThis recipe is great! I used 2/3 of the ricotta and 2/3 of the mozzarella, and 2x the spinach (or maybe more), and it was still really good! The key was to make sure every inch of the lasagna noodle was covered by something, preferably sauce.
Auenweapons 1 year agoBest I ever had and was so easy to make! This dish lasted a couple of days with my husband and I. Will definitely make it again!
Shayhilsinger 1 year agoDelicious! It was a bit rich for us so next time I will use small container of ricotta and add Parmesan. Delicious sauce, may make for speghetti.
Bempin73 1 year agoThis was so good my 4 year old ate a whole piece. Anyone with a child who has Aspergers knows what fussy eaters they can be. After quit awhile of first and then he took a bite. He just kept eating. Awesome!
cariebreckruhl 1 year agoWas very good. I used sliced baby Bella mushrooms. Made a lot! Would be a good dish to make when company comes over.
ginagcarrie 1 year agoThis was absolutely delicious. My husband always complains about ground turkey but no complaints on this recipe! Thanks!
nathanmena 1 year agoA great recipe that is quick, easy and delicious. I needed a something that was 'non-beef or pork' for some picky eaters and this dish worked perfectly.