Ready in 45 minutes
This soup is so creamy you'll be surprised there's not actually any cream in it. This is great as a warm soup but is also very elegant served chilled.
"I substituted water mixed with a little Braggs for the bouillon & salt (vegetarian, low-sodium option) and used fresh parsley in the yogurt (didn't have tarragon). I think some fresh lemon juice might give it a little more zing, but it's a keeper."- woodandbronze
Top-ranked recipe named "Creamy Asparagus Soup"
1. Mix the yogurt and tarragon and set aside to let the flavor infuse.
2. Remove the tough ends from the asparagus. Reserve two heads for garnish for every bowl you plan to serve, and chop the rest into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
3. Peel and cube the potatoes.
4. Chop the onion and sautee in butter over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until translucent but not browned. Add the potato and sautee for two more minutes. Add the asparagus and sautee for about a minute more.
5. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until everything is tender. Put the reserved asparagus heads in a strainer and hang into the pot until bright green, then run under cold water and set aside.
6. Blend with a hand blender (or in a blender if you do not have one) until smooth. Return to heat, taste and season with salt and white pepper.
7. To serve, ladle some soup into a bowl. Put 1-2 teaspoons of the yogurt mixture in the center of the bowl, then top with two asparagus heads.
MississippiMule 11 month agoThank you cajuntoast for a great soup receipt. I tried this receipt last night and it was wonderful! I love asparagus to start with and this was another great way to enjoy them!!
Healthymommy 11 month agoI loved this soup! Thank you! I added a couple cloves of garlic for added flavor.
mtkohnke 1 year agoDelicious and easy!
ChefLidstone 1 year agoI added garlic when I sautéed and used sour cream with oregano, thyme, and ground cumin...was delicious!!
Valerie411 1 year agoGreat taste! Added garlic and Italian seasoning.
candaceshreves 1 year agoIt is very healthy, if you are trying to cut down on carbohydrates and it taste great love it!
JackWC 2 years agoGreat soup! I tried deglazing with 1/4 cup white wine before adding the stock
JWGaudette 2 years agoEasy and excellent, great use of leftover asparagus.
dabrews 2 years agoSimple, delicate, versatile...winner!!!!
Omnivorous_Knid 2 years agoDelicious. No subs, I love asparagus and wouldn't allow any. The use of an immersion blender was helpful in this, thank you for mentioning this.