Ideal slow cooker size: 2.5 quart."I loved the look of this recipe so today I made it when my daughter came to lunch. I substituted frozen blackberries for the raisins and cranberries. Of course this made the finished product a lovely deep pink shade, but all agreed it was delicious.
I forgot to get the slow cooker out of the cupboard earlier, so I cooked it in my rice cooker. This speeded the cooking process and kept the food lovely and hot until the time to eat it." - Joss
Yield: 8 Ready in 45 minutes
324 people trying soon
Country Apples Preparation
1. Coat apples in flour and white sugar. Stir in raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, and oatmeal.
2. Pour water into slow cooker. Add apple mix.
3. Pour melted butter over apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
5. Serve over vanilla ice cream as a dessert, over oatmeal for breakfast, or use as a filling for crepes.
This is comfort food.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?