Chicken Breast stuffed with Feta Cheese and Oregano
As seen on Everyday Foods. Quick to prepare, and very flavourful."Wonderful flavor! I never realized how flavorful feta cheese is. And it was a pretty easy recipe although I had trouble stuffing the cheese inside the chicken. Next time I may just put the cheese on top after cooking the chicken. " - DrCool
Yield: 4 Ready in 40 minutes
593 people trying soon
Chicken Breast stuffed with Feta Cheese and Oregano Preparation
1. Make stuffung b combine feta and oregano in a bowl.
2. Create pocket in the thick end of the breast, without going through the other side. Stuff cheese evenly into the pockets. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Heat pan at medium low before adding oil, so that the oil heats right away but does not start smoking.
4. Turn heat up to medium high and sear chicken for 6 - 7 minutes per side. Do not stir or touch until nicely browned to ensure they don't stick to the pan. Turn heat down to medium heat, cover and cook for an addition 5 - 8 minutes until chicken is cooked throughout.
5. Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken stock to pan and losen brown bit from pan to disolve into liquid. Add juice of 1/2 a lemon to pan and simmer for a minute or two. Turn head to low or off an swirl butter into sauce until disolved.
Serve chicken sliced to show off stuffing, and topped with sauce.
When searing, sear the side that you will serve facing up first, as the first side to be seared always comes out looking better.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?