Ready in 40 minutes
As seen on Everyday Foods. Quick to prepare, and very flavourful.
"Wonderful flavor! I never realized how flavorful feta cheese is. And it was a pretty easy recipe although I had trouble stuffing the cheese inside the chicken. Next time I may just put the cheese on top after cooking the chicken. "- DrCool
1,742 people want to try | 1,941 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Chicken Breast stuffed with Feta Cheese and Oregano"
1. Make stuffing by combining feta and oregano in a bowl.
2. Create pocket in the thick end of the breast, without going through the other side. Stuff cheese evenly into the pockets. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Heat pan at medium low before adding oil, so that the oil heats right away but does not start smoking.
4. Turn heat up to medium high and sear chicken for 6 - 7 minutes per side. Do not stir or touch until nicely browned to ensure they don't stick to the pan. Turn heat down to medium heat, cover and cook for an addition 5 - 8 minutes until chicken is cooked throughout.
5. Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken stock to pan and losen brown bit from pan to disolve into liquid. Add juice of 1/2 a lemon to pan and simmer for a minute or two. Turn head to low or off an swirl butter into sauce until disolved.
Serve chicken sliced to show off stuffing, and topped with sauce.
When searing, sear the side that you will serve facing up first, as the first side to be seared always comes out looking better.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Dais80 2 weeks agoVery simple to make...
payne_sam 1 month ago
Vanrat 3 months agoDelicious and loved it. Will definitely make this again. We served with mixed vegs and boiled potato and put some pan juice over them.
sheilasmith 4 months agoMade this tonight for my family...It was good but I think it would be better with a different sauce. Maybe one made with some chicken stock and wine instead of one made with the lemon juice. I'd definitely make again though!
Amyreneewheeler 4 months ago
tlkhorses 5 months agoWas really good though a bit dry. Probably my cooking technique. Be sure to make your pockets as deep as you can to stuff them.
edwardii 6 months ago
bastonrach 7 months agoHard for the chicken to cook evenly. Needs more flavour however sauce isnt good. Receipe could be great if reworked a little bit.
LidaRose 7 months agoIf you like feta, this is excellent
sletiger 8 months ago
ctconger 10 months agoFantastic dish. I used red wine and vegetable broth in the reduction and it worked well.
lstokes1790 11 month agoYummy.
DrCool 11 month agoWonderful flavor! I never realized how flavorful feta cheese is. And it was a pretty easy recipe although I had trouble stuffing the cheese inside the chicken. Next time I may just put the cheese on top after cooking the chicken.
Mamasrunning 1 year agoEveryone loved it! This is hard to achieve in my house. So tasty and easy. I even pre-stuffed some chicken and froze to try again. I hope it turns out as good.
Darkscorpia 1 year agoDefinitely a great recipe, my family loved it, but be careful while searing because sometimes the cheese can come out.
MichaelQuach 1 year agoThis was very delicious and was a big hit with everyone. Will definitely make it again.
mrstbdickson 1 year agoDelish!!!!!
Darkscorpia 1 year agoOne of my family's favorites.
Mamasrunning 2 years agoLoved it! Very easy and I'm not a natural cook. I added kalamata olives.
Darkscorpia 2 years agoI omitted the sauce because I didn't have any chicken stock and it was still delicious, especially dipped in Worcestershire sauce.