Ready in 30 minutes
An all-time favorite. The spicy chorizo and creamy guacamole go great together. This also makes a great breakfast taco- just scramble some eggs and mix in the chorizo-potato mixture and serve with corn tortillas.
"Had to cut him off!!! Will be making these again!! Yum!! And plenty for leftovers!!"- nicolegory
100 people want to try | 150 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Chorizo Potato Tacos"
1. Cut the potatoes into inch dice- it is not necessary to peel the potatoes. Place in a small sauce pan and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil, and lower to a simmer. Simmer for at least 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, if using the poblano chile, roast over a flame on the stove until charred. Peel off skin under running water and seed chile. Roughly chop and set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat with the oil. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the poblano chile, if using.
4. Add the crumbled chorizo to the pan, and break up with a spatula. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Drain off most of the fat. Continue to cook until the chorizo begins to brown.
5. Drain the potatoes and add to the skillet. Stir well and continue to cook until chorzo begins to get crispy, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
6. To make the guacamole, cut the avovcado in half and remove the pit. Peel the avocado and add to a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mash the avocado. You want there to be some chunks. Add the remaining incredients, tasting for salt.
7. To assemble the tacos, use another dry skillet (cast iron works great) and heat over medium heat with a small amount of oil. When the oil is hot, add 2 corn tortillas and heat until soft. Keep heated tortialls warm, and repeat for as many tortillas as you need. Traditionally, each taco is made with 2 tortillas each, but I often make these with one tortilla each. Spoon the chorizo-potato filling on each tortilla and add guacamole. Garnish with more cilantro and add hot sauce if desired.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
jeffblessinger 2 months agoAbsolutely delicious! A new fave!
nicolegory 1 year agoHad to cut him off!!! Will be making these again!! Yum!! And plenty for leftovers!!
AirBless 8 years ago[I posted this recipe.]