Orange Ginger Cookies
These are delicious - like light, fruity gingersnaps. Try to get as little sugar on the cookie sheet as possible to avoid it burning.
"These cookies are great. I make them and take them to work every one cannot stop eating them."- suellenclarke
68 people want to try | 143 have favorited
|2 cupsAll purpose flour|
|2 teaspoonBaking Powder|
|1/4 teaspoonBaking soda|
|1/2 teaspoonGround ginger|
|1/8 teaspoonGround cloves|
|3 tablespoonVegetable oil; (like corn or canola)|
|2 1/2 tablespoonsButter; softened|
|2 1/2 teaspoonsOrange zest; finely grated|
|1 teaspoonLemon zest; finely grated|
|1/4 cupMolasses; light or dark|
|2 1/2 teaspoonsVanilla|
|Sugar; for garnish|
Orange Ginger Cookies Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
2. Beat sugar, oil, butter and zests until well combined.
3. Add egg, molasses and vanilla, beat until well blended.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
5. Form 3/4 inch balls, and spacing over 2 inches apart, put on cookie sheet. Oil the bottom of a large glass and dip into sugar. Flatten the balls to 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Bake 3 minutes or until just golden, and allow the cookie trays to cool slightly between baking.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Orange Ginger Cookies Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven