Pumpkin Coconut Soup
I adapted and translated this Pumpkin Coconut Soup recipe from a German recipe I found. Makes a smooth and tasty soup. I liked the addition of coconut milk but I have to admit I like the flavor of traditional butternut squash soup better - but if the idea of coconut milk & cumin appeal to you, definitely try this one."Used this recipe for my first ever attempt at making Pumpkin Soup.
Tasted great without the coconut milk - couldnt imagine it being any better, but added the coconut milk and soup was absolutely divine!
Thanks so much for positing this recipe. Now just gotta see how well it freezes/reheats." - thirstymeg
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 375 people 265 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
Pumpkin Coconut Soup Preparation
1. Cut open pumpkin, discard seeds, stringy stuff and peel. Cut into approximately 1 inch pieces. Peel onion and cut into rings.
2. Put pumpkin, onion, garlic, cumin, broth and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
3. Process in batches in a blender. You may also use a hand blender, but a normal blender will result in an even smoother soup.
4. Return to pot on stove. Add coconut milk and lemon juice, heat on medium heat while stirring occasionally. Taste and add salt as desired.
5. Serve garnished with leftover coconut milk and scallions.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pumpkin Coconut Soup Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: