Oatmeal Raisin Bread
This bread is great - the process of heating the raisins in water makes them very plump and juicy."This turned out very tasty! Of course you must leave the water in the raisin mixture to create the moistness of the bread. I used half raisins half cranberries and added walnut pieces. I also added about two tbls of honey to the wet mixture and used whole wheat flour. I baked them in mini loaf pans as they are going to be holiday gifts. Very moist, very tasty and also s healthy breakfast bread. I would definitely make this again!" - Greta30
Yield: 12 Ready in 15 minutes
favorite of 182 people 71 people want to try
Oatmeal Raisin Bread Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. Lightly beat the eggs and set aside 1 tablespoon of the oats.
3. Combine the raisins and water in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until the raisins are plump. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter until melted. Set mixture aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the oats (except the reserved tablespoon) and stir together.
5. Whisk the eggs into the cooled raisin mixture. Stir the raisin mixture into the dry ingredients and stir about 10 times or until moistened.
6. Pour into the loaf pan and sprinkle with the reserved tablespoon of oats. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Oatmeal Raisin Bread Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven