Jeannine Creel's Kentucky Burbon Cake
Holiday Favorite for the Creel Family! Don't know where Mom came up with recipe but we have enjoyed it for many years...
Yield: 16 Ready in 1 hours, 40 minutes
31 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|-- Cake Batter --|
|3 cupAll purpose flour|
|1 teaspoonBaking Powder|
|1/2 teaspoonBaking soda|
|1 cupMilk; soured (1tbs vinegar + milk to 1 cup)|
|-- Butter Whiskey Sauce --|
|2 tablespoonWhiskey; Burbon (Jim Beam)|
Jeannine Creel's Kentucky Burbon Cake Preparation
1. Combine dry ingredients in bowl and set aside
2. Combine Sour Milk and Vanilla in cup
3. Cream Butter and Sugar together
4. Add eggs 1 at a time to sugar mixture
5. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk to mixture.
6. Mix well after each addition
7. Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan
8. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick or knife come out clean
9. Set pan on rack to cool
Butter Whiskey Sauce
1. Just before cake is finished baking combine sugar, water, and butter in sauce pan
2. Heat to just below boiling
3. Remove from heat and add whiskey to mixture.
4. Pour over hot cake and allow to soak in.
After cake cools remove pan and place on serving plate
Dust with Confectioner's sugar
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Jeannine Creel's Kentucky Burbon Cake Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
7 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 11 hours, 51 minutes ago