Sunshine Lemon Coolers
A good knock-off recipe for lemon coolers. Tip of the hat to Recipe Cottage.com
"I added 1/8 tsp of lemon extract to make the cookies more lemony, and I upped the lemon powder to 3-4 tbsp since I like tangy stuff. I may omit the vanilla extract next time since I don't think it adds much to this recipe. The cookies came out really good, now I know how to satisfy my lemon craving. Next I will try making a lime version. You can find lemon and lime powder online, I got mine on ebay."- cathead
492 people want to try | 1,005 have favorited
Sunshine Lemon Coolers Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and salt in
a large bowl.
3. Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and
continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
4. Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a
lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until
cookies are light brown.
5. As cookies bake, combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade
drink mix in a large plastic bag and shake thoroughly to mix.
6. When the cookies are removed from the oven and while they are
hot, add 4 or 5 at a time to the bag and shake it until the cookies
are well coated. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
I like lemon so I ended up using more lemonade mix and I also used lemon juice in place of the water
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Sunshine Lemon Coolers Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven