Sunshine Lemon Coolers
A good knock-off recipe for lemon coolers. Tip of the hat to Recipe Cottage.com"I added 1/8 tsp of lemon extract to make the cookies more lemony, and I upped the lemon powder to 3-4 tbsp since I like tangy stuff. I may omit the vanilla extract next time since I don't think it adds much to this recipe. The cookies came out really good, now I know how to satisfy my lemon craving. Next I will try making a lime version. You can find lemon and lime powder online, I got mine on ebay." - cathead
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
480 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Sunshine Lemon Coolers Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and salt in
a large bowl.
3. Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and
continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
4. Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a
lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until
cookies are light brown.
5. As cookies bake, combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade
drink mix in a large plastic bag and shake thoroughly to mix.
6. When the cookies are removed from the oven and while they are
hot, add 4 or 5 at a time to the bag and shake it until the cookies
are well coated. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
I like lemon so I ended up using more lemonade mix and I also used lemon juice in place of the water
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?