Ready in 2 hours
Head and shoulders above the rest, this chili recipe will set your guests ablaze with compliments.
"Changes I made:
• added a can of beer
• lowered the amount of tomatoes to 1 can of Mexican stewed tomatoes
• increased the amounts of chili powder and cumin
• added a handful of chopped cilantro
• added some diced green bell pepper
Other than that, this is a fantastic recipe!"- Almightyduff
700 people want to try | 1,133 have favorited
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add ground beef and cook until well done. Add the next 8 ingredients and cook 4 minutes.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 2 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add kidney beans and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Serve with schredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onions if desired.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
trishmordacq 11 month agoThis is a really good chili.
anthonydesantis 1 year agoLoved it
Mata8888 1 year agoLove this chili and it's easy to make!
DBUtopia 1 year agoMade this for our Independence Day family gathering and it received rave reviews. I decided to sit down and write a review as I enjoyed a bowl of the leftovers for lunch; I thinks it's even better two days later!
Lgreen4 1 year agoWe really liked this chili recipe. I didn't even add the chili peppers to it and it still had just the spiciness we wanted. I also put in the beans early with the rest of the ingredients. the chili tasted even better the second day!
ttbruns 2 years agoThis recipe made my 'ho hum' chili' friends absolutely rave!!! I added extra cumin and chili's plus beef broth instead of water. It's a winner for me!
Miles416 2 years agoAdded chili in adobo for a little kick and a brewsky instead of the water. It was a great chili!
Almightyduff 2 years agoChanges I made: • added a can of beer • lowered the amount of tomatoes to 1 can of Mexican stewed tomatoes • increased the amounts of chili powder and cumin • added a handful of chopped cilantro • added some diced green bell pepper Other than that, this is a fantastic recipe!
HerbGreen 4 years agoWe liked this chili. I changed it a little by adding the kidney beans in the beginning instead of near the end. I also drained the ground beef. Some chili's go well with cornbread, but I think this was better with saltine crackers.
wwiggins 7 years ago[I posted this recipe.]