Ready in 8 hours
Authentic chili made with big chunks of meat.
"i made some mods to this recipe, using a roasted poblano,toasted cumin, ancho, chipotle,and cayenne chili powders, it was a great bowl of chili"- lchead
Top-ranked recipe named "Texas-style Chili Con Carne"
1. Cook bacon in dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, stirring often. Remove the bacon and reserve it.
2. Dry the beef with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper. Cook beef one layer at a time, browning thoroughly on all sides. Push browned beef to the side to add more. When all beef is browned, push to the side and add onion, jalapenos, chili powder, cumin, and tsp. salt. Stir in garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Combine the ingredients and add all remaining ingredients except cilantro and lime juice.
4. On lowest possible heat, cover and cook 6-7 hours, checking often to be sure the mixture has not gone dry. Add a small amount of water if necessary.
5. Stir in cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
michellehayes1 1 year agoWe love this.. so different and smokey
lchead 3 years agoi made some mods to this recipe, using a roasted poblano,toasted cumin, ancho, chipotle,and cayenne chili powders, it was a great bowl of chili
Defjersol 4 years agoI added Serrano chilies and Habenero for a spicy kick! Made it for the Super Bowl last year and going to again this year.
harpwatts 6 years agoTasty when using chuck roast
mleary 8 years ago[I posted this recipe.]