15 people want to try | 59 have favorited
1) Preheat oven to 450.
2) Prepare finely diced mirepoix (4 ozs onion, 2 ozs carrots, 2 ozs celery).
3) Arrange oxtails in shallow baking ban and brown (about 10 mins a side). Put the mirepoix in the pan with the oxtails when you turn them.
4) Heat water and wine with beef stock extract, adding tomato sauce, garlic clove, and bouquet garni. Bring to gentle boil, then reduce to simmer.
5) Add browned oxtails to the stock and simmer for 3 hours.
6) Remove the oxtails and cut up the meat. Keep warm in a pan with some of the stock.
7) Strain the stock of the mirepoix, garlic, and bouquet garni.
8) Sweat the diced parsnips, carrots, and leeks (julienne) in butter until they are about half done. Add to the stockpot and re-add the meat. Simmer another 15-20 minutes.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?