Ready in 30 minutes
Make sure you got plently of ventilation before you start cooking as this can generate quite a bit of smoke ... but it sure is worth it.
"I loved it, a bit too spicy for my kids. So i compramised and just used the marinade without the dry mix on top, for them. They loved it!
Will definatley do again!"
194 people want to try | 537 have favorited
1. Mix paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, dried thyme, and dried oregano together. Set aside.
2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over very high heat until it is beyond the smoking stage and you see white ash on the skillet bottom, approximately 10-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour 2 tablespoons melted butter in six small ramekins; set aside and keep warm.
4. Dip each fillet in the remaining melted butter so the both sides are well coated. Sprinkle each side generously and evenly with seasoning mix.
5. Place one or two fillets in skillet and cook uncovered over very high heat until the underside becomes deep brown (almost black) but not burned, about 2 minutes. See note.
6. Turn the fish over and baste with 1 teaspoon of melted butter.
7. Cook until fish is done, about 2 minutes more (see note). Repeat with remaining fillets.
8. Serve while hot with ramekin of butter and lemon wedges.
Can use any firm fleshed fish fillets for this recipe. Cooking time will vary according to the fillets thickness and heat of the skillet.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Tonyqu 10 months agoOpen all your kitchen windows! Because it will get very smokey! Very good spicy taste!
Bdrama 10 months agoToo much smoke for the taste. Not worth losing a lung for!
ranwil615 10 months agoVery easy to make and delicious!
tfelske 1 year agoI used fresh flounder for this recipe and it was excellent! Just like I've had in restaurants!
CajunTiger435 3 years agoAwesome! Used red fish and it was awesome. 30 minutes very easy.
Drumstick2009 3 years agoSimple, easy and TASTY!! Will definitely make this again. Next time I'll cut down on the salt a bit and open the windows beforehand :)
Catlopez 4 years agoI loved it, a bit too spicy for my kids. So i compramised and just used the marinade without the dry mix on top, for them. They loved it! Will definatley do again!
bpetree 7 years agoCan use any firm fleshed fish fillets for this recipe. Cooking time will vary according to the fillets thickness and heat of the skillet. [I posted this recipe.]