99 people want to try | 151 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "All Day Apple Butter"
1. Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
2. Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
3. Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
4. Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
5. Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.
6. Or process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 11 Hours Ready In: 11 Hours 30 Minutes