Ready in 45 minutes
"This tasty apple butter is a real slow cooker, but well worth the wait. Depending on the sweetness of the apples used, the amount of sugar may be adjusted to taste."
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Apples
96 people want to try | 151 have favorited
1. Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
2. Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
3. Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
4. Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
5. Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.
6. Or process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 11 Hours Ready In: 11 Hours 30 Minutes
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?