Asian Sesame Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna
This is a GREAT appetizer that is very simple to prepare.
"Great Dish! It's also very good with a wassabi mayo drizzle over the tuna and salad.."- DustinWatters7
50 people want to try | 99 have favorited
|8 ouncesTuna Steak; Sushi grade|
|1/2 teaspoonBlack pepper; cracked|
|2 teaspoonsolive oil|
|1/2 eaLarge Spanish or Vidalia sweet onion; slice into thin slivers|
|1/2 cupMilk; or Buttermilk|
|1 cupFlour; seasoned with Paprika, salt and pepper|
|Oil; for deep frying onion rings|
|2 cupsBaby spinach leaves|
|1 cupGreen cabbage|
|1 cupRed cabbage|
|1 cupcarrots; Shredded|
|1/4 cupGreen Onions; Sliced|
|1/4 cupAsian Sesame with Ginger Dressing; Good Seasonings, or other|
Asian Sesame Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna Preparation
1. Soak onion slivers in buttermilk.
2. Toss onion slivers in seasoned flour.
3. Deep fry onion slivers in batches; set aside on paper towels.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil; season with pepper, if desired.
5. Grill tuna 1 - 2 minutes on each side; best served with outside seared for colour, and center still cold.
6. Place spinach in large bowl. Add cabbages, carrots and onions; mix lightly. Add dressing; toss to coat. Place on service platter. Cut tuna into slices; place on top of salad. Garnish with
The key is to have access to quality sushi-grade tuna, and to only sear it for colour on the outside - the center of the tuna should still be cold after searing!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Asian Sesame Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven