Rotisserie Prime Rib Roast
We made this for There's birthday... And although it was taking a risk with an increadible piece of meat (normally cooked in the oven), this made for the most amazing, mouth watering prime rib you will ever have!"I tried this for our Christmas Eve dinner. Everyone was impressed with the flavor of the roast." - ban1dit
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
14 people trying soon
|-- MARINADE --|
|2 cupsRed wine; (500ml)|
|1 cupRed wine vinegar; (250ml)|
|1/3 cupOlive oil; (75ml)|
|5 teaspoonsDried rosemary; (25ml)|
|3 teaspoonsDried thyme; (15ml)|
|3 Bay leaf|
|2 teaspoonsGreen peppercorn; fresh (10ml)|
|2 teaspoonsPepper; (10ml)|
|3 poundsPrime standing rib roast; (1500grams)|
|-- BLACK RUB --|
|1 1/2 tablespoonsBlack pepper; corse ground (22.5ml)|
|1/2 tablespoonKosher Salt; (7.5ml)|
|6 cupsApple wood chips; (1500ml)|
|6 cupsCherry wood chips; (1500ml)|
Rotisserie Prime Rib Roast Preparation
1. The night before you barbecue combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Place roast in a sealable plastic bag, pour marinade over it and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove marinade and place in a drip pan. Place the drip pan in the barbecue over a burner to one side of the grill. Leave this side off. Leave the roast resting a room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Just prior to putting roast in place, rub the roast with coarse ground peppercorns and season with salt. Place rotisserie onto grill and leave to roast for 2- 2.5 hours or until the internal temperature is 120F (70) for rare. After 1 hour replace the smoke packages with freshly made sacks.
4. Remove the finished roast from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
5. Serve and enjoy!
1. Place 2 cups of apple wood chips in water to soak for 30 minutes. Do the same with 2 cups of cherry wood chips.
2. Rub the roast with the coarse ground peppercorns. Put the roast on the rotisseries spit and secure into place.
3. Make two smoke packages - one with apple wood chips and the other with cherry wood chips. Each package should contain a mixture of 1 cup of soaked chips with the excess water squeezed out and 2 cups of dry wood chips. Using a fork poke holes on both sides of each package. Place the packages directly over the heat source.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Rotisserie Prime Rib Roast Reviews
I tried this for our Christmas Eve dinner. Everyone was impressed with the flavor of the roast.
3 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
7 years, 2 weeks, 6 days, 15 hours, 8 minutes ago