Ready in 45 minutes
We made this for There's birthday... And although it was taking a risk with an increadible piece of meat (normally cooked in the oven), this made for the most amazing, mouth watering prime rib you will ever have!
"I tried this for our Christmas Eve dinner. Everyone was impressed with the flavor of the roast."- ban1dit
16 people want to try | 48 have favorited
1. The night before you barbecue combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Place roast in a sealable plastic bag, pour marinade over it and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove marinade and place in a drip pan. Place the drip pan in the barbecue over a burner to one side of the grill. Leave this side off. Leave the roast resting a room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Just prior to putting roast in place, rub the roast with coarse ground peppercorns and season with salt. Place rotisserie onto grill and leave to roast for 2- 2.5 hours or until the internal temperature is 120F (70) for rare. After 1 hour replace the smoke packages with freshly made sacks.
4. Remove the finished roast from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
5. Serve and enjoy!
1. Place 2 cups of apple wood chips in water to soak for 30 minutes. Do the same with 2 cups of cherry wood chips.
2. Rub the roast with the coarse ground peppercorns. Put the roast on the rotisseries spit and secure into place.
3. Make two smoke packages - one with apple wood chips and the other with cherry wood chips. Each package should contain a mixture of 1 cup of soaked chips with the excess water squeezed out and 2 cups of dry wood chips. Using a fork poke holes on both sides of each package. Place the packages directly over the heat source.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
ban1dit 3 years agoI tried this for our Christmas Eve dinner. Everyone was impressed with the flavor of the roast.
blueskier 7 years ago[I posted this recipe.]