133 people want to try | 182 have favorited
1) Boil Macaroni per package instructions. Drain and set aside
2) Preheat oven to 300F.
3) Brush 1-quart souffle dish with Melted Butter, coat dish with Bread Crumbs, shake out excess.
4) Put the Butter, Paprika, Flour, and Milk in a saucepan and bring to boil slowly whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick.
5) Simmer the sauce for a minute, then remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses until they melt. Season well and mix with the macaroni.
6) Beat in the egg yolks.
7) In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and spoon a quarter into the sauce mixture, beating it gently to loosen it up.
8) Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold in the rest of the egg whites and transfer to the prepared souffle dish.
9) Bake in the center of the oven for about 40-45 minutes, until the souffle has risen and is golden brown. The middle should wobble very slightly and the souffle should be lightly creamy inside.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
ycasimi 5 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
bjelliot 7 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
bjelliot 7 years ago
bjelliot 7 years ago[I posted this recipe.]