137 people want to try | 186 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Macaroni Souffle"
1) Boil Macaroni per package instructions. Drain and set aside
2) Preheat oven to 300F.
3) Brush 1-quart souffle dish with Melted Butter, coat dish with Bread Crumbs, shake out excess.
4) Put the Butter, Paprika, Flour, and Milk in a saucepan and bring to boil slowly whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick.
5) Simmer the sauce for a minute, then remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses until they melt. Season well and mix with the macaroni.
6) Beat in the egg yolks.
7) In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and spoon a quarter into the sauce mixture, beating it gently to loosen it up.
8) Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold in the rest of the egg whites and transfer to the prepared souffle dish.
9) Bake in the center of the oven for about 40-45 minutes, until the souffle has risen and is golden brown. The middle should wobble very slightly and the souffle should be lightly creamy inside.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
ycasimi 5 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
bjelliot 7 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
bjelliot 7 years ago
bjelliot 7 years ago[I posted this recipe.]