Armenaian Kufta (Stuffed Meat Balls)
Dishes from this landlocked, war-torn country of Armenia is well known to have Mediterranian Near Easter, and Middle Eatern hints in their dishes. Neighboring country is Turkey, Caucasus Mountains oof Georgia and Iran/Persia. MANY Armenians live in our community & have added a strong, historical culture to our community.
Yield: 10 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 5 people 3 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|2 poundGround beef; or lamb|
|8 largeonion; chopped finely|
|1/2 teaspoonCoriander sprigs; or ground corriander|
|1 bunchParsley; chopped|
|-- Stuffing --|
|2 poundSirloin; or lean round steak|
|2 poundBulgar wheat|
|2 quartChicken broth; or beef broth|
Armenaian Kufta (Stuffed Meat Balls) Preparation
1. Saute onions and meat until onions are golden brown.
2. Add speices adn parsley. Cool and refrigerate
-- MIx Meat--
3. Mix meat and bulghar and spices; kneead 15 minutes, adding a little water at a time until this is like a soft dough.
4. Form into balls 1-1/2 inch in diameter.
(Mixture makes about 25 balls)
5. Shape balls into a "shell" and fill with filling.
6. Pinch top together and pat with water to re-shape into a closed ball.
(the balls should be about 2 inches in diameter.
7. Carefully place a few balls at a time into boiling broth to cook for 15 minutes.
Drain in a collander; serve hot.
(coriander is same as cilantro) -- can replace with Lamb as well.
This stuffed meat ball recipe [I believe] comes from our community.
I found this recipe in my mother's recipe box after she passed away; she liked it so much, it was neatly typed on a recipe card. I miss her and I love armenaian food.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Armenaian Kufta (Stuffed Meat Balls) Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: