Curry Chicken Salad
This summertime chicken salad is great for picnics or quick lunches. Whether on sandwiches or served with crackers it has a good, rich flavor and the grapes add a refreshing, juicy texture."Prepared this for a dinner after church tomorrow, and can't wait to share it. I used almonds & added freshly ground nutmeg. I also used canned chunk chk breast using that liquid for the broth. It's great. " - tbzjlb
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
576 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Curry Chicken Salad Preparation
1) Boil Chicken in water with Celery tops (leaves)
2) Drain Chicken and let cool. Chop into small cubes.
3) Combine Chicken cubes, broken Pecans, halved Grapes, chopped Celery, and chopped Red Onion in a medium bowl.
4) Heat the Curry in a dry skillet over low-medium heat for 3 minutes (remove immediately if it begins to smoke).
5) Combine Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Chicken Broth, Curry, Salt, and Pepper in a small dish.
6) Pour half of the Mayonnaise mixture over the Chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
7) Add additional Mayonnaise mixture over Chicken mixture to taste. Toss to coast.
8) Serve in warm Pita or with crackers (Triscuits recommended).
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?