Ready in 15 minutes
This way is by far the most creative of the four ways you can have your bagel breakfast sandwich at Einstein Bros. Bagels. The salsa ad jalapeno salsa cream cheese make for a slightly spicy affair that anyone who goes for Southwestern-style tastes will thoroughly dig. The sausage used here is a turkey breakfast sausage that you can find in most supermarkets (Wampler makes a good version that comes in a 1-pound tube and is sometimes found in the freezer section). You can also use small uncooked turkey breakfast links. Just squeeze the sausage out of the casing and form your patties, then toss out the casings. In a pinch you can also use good old pork sausage. Either way you go, you're in for a tasty way to rev up your day.
8 people want to try | 11 have favorited
1. First make your jalpeno salsa cream cheese by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and chill cream cheese until it''s needed.
2. Make the turkey sausage patties by forming sausage into two 3-ounce patties that are about 4 inches in diameter. If you have time, form the patties on wax paper and freeze them to make handling easier. They will shrink when cooking to just the right size.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl, then measure half (about 1/3 cup) into a bowl with the same approximate diameter as the bagels. Microwave each bowl (separately) for 1 to 1 minutes on high, or until the egg is completely cooked.
4. Lightly toast all of the bagel halves.
5. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the jalapeno salsa cream cheeese on the toasted face of the bottom half of the bagel.
6. When the eggs are cooked, arrange them on the cream cheese on each bagel bottom.
7. Lay a slice of pepper jack cheese on each of the egg layers.
8. Arrange a sausage patty on top of the cheese on each sandwich.
9. Spread about 2 teaspoons of salsa on the toasted face of each of the top bagel halves.
10. Top off the sandwiches with the top bagel halves, slice each sandwich in half and serve while hot.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?