A dreamy coffee and chocolate flavoured dessert.
"I should have read the reviews first and not dipped the ladyfingers. It came out really mushy. My family liked it and my mother-in-law even said it was better than she had ever had at a restaurant, but I didn't enjoy it because of the soggy factor. I will probably try it again and just brush the coffee mixture over the ladyfingers."- paigehuff
1,220 people want to try | 2,548 have favorited
1. Make a pot of strong coffee, pour into a dish or bowl and allow to cool before adding the brandy.
2. Separate the eggs and set aside whites. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar together until pale and thick.
3. Add the mascarpone and mix until combined.
4. In another bowl, whip the cream and then fold into the egg, sugar and cheese mixture.
5. In a third bowl, beat the egg whites into soft peaks and then quickly fold into the cake mix.
6. Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder into a large dish
7. Dip the biscuits into the coffee and brandy mixture, taking care not to soak them for too long, before placing in the dish.
8. Continue dipping biscuits and placing in the dish, creating a layer of soaked biscuits. Dust with a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
9. Spread a thick layer of the cake mixture over the layer of biscuits, dust with another sprinkling of cocoa powder.
10. Place another layer of soaked biscuits in the dish, again sprinkling with cocoa powder.
11. Smooth the rest of the cake mixture in a thick layer over the second biscuit layer. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
12. Place in refridgerator and allow to set. Do not serve for at least 2 hours, for the best flavour, leave for 24 hours.
I'm not a cake person, but even I love this one!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven