Ready in 2 hours
A dreamy coffee and chocolate flavoured dessert.
"I should have read the reviews first and not dipped the ladyfingers. It came out really mushy. My family liked it and my mother-in-law even said it was better than she had ever had at a restaurant, but I didn't enjoy it because of the soggy factor. I will probably try it again and just brush the coffee mixture over the ladyfingers."- paigehuff
1,276 people want to try | 2,656 have favorited
1. Make a pot of strong coffee, pour into a dish or bowl and allow to cool before adding the brandy.
2. Separate the eggs and set aside whites. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar together until pale and thick.
3. Add the mascarpone and mix until combined.
4. In another bowl, whip the cream and then fold into the egg, sugar and cheese mixture.
5. In a third bowl, beat the egg whites into soft peaks and then quickly fold into the cake mix.
6. Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder into a large dish
7. Dip the biscuits into the coffee and brandy mixture, taking care not to soak them for too long, before placing in the dish.
8. Continue dipping biscuits and placing in the dish, creating a layer of soaked biscuits. Dust with a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
9. Spread a thick layer of the cake mixture over the layer of biscuits, dust with another sprinkling of cocoa powder.
10. Place another layer of soaked biscuits in the dish, again sprinkling with cocoa powder.
11. Smooth the rest of the cake mixture in a thick layer over the second biscuit layer. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
12. Place in refridgerator and allow to set. Do not serve for at least 2 hours, for the best flavour, leave for 24 hours.
I'm not a cake person, but even I love this one!
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
Ajibilian 8 months agoTo answer some questions: 1dl=100ml which is on a Pyrex measuring jug Use heavy cream and whip until stiff Raw eggs aren't usually a problem , you eat them all the time on Cesar salad dressing!
JoannaMarcia 9 months ago
cmv013 10 months ago
Tomguts 11 month agoI have tried this is so.easy and deliciuos
NabanitaC 1 year ago
bethanypoff 1 year ago
SheHasSnapped 1 year agoDelish! I used kahluah flavored coffee and Tuaca liquor instead of rum. Will definitely make again!
Nazlina 1 year agoWhat type of cream you use double or single cream
xMONx 1 year agoDefinitely a keeper. Occasionally I add layers of sliced strawberries just to mix it up a bit YUM :)
giagraham 1 year agoI found this recipe on here years ago and it is now a firm family favourite. I can't cook and even I can't mess this up, in fact we have friends asking me to make it especially.
CarolMinter 1 year agoAmazing recipe! I found the directions easy to follow. This was my first tiramisu, and it came out perfectly.
FoodFanatic85 1 year agoSounds delicious! The only thing Im concerned about is the raw egg in it!!!
ealv821 1 year agogreatest tiramisu i ever made, i didnt buy the mascarpone , i replaced with reg cream cheese and used heavy whipping cream. wasnt creamy at all. was so so good :)
Jasmeen 1 year agoTasted great! Tasted even better the next day, would definitely recommend chilling over night.
MillsVball20 1 year agoMine came out wet...probably from using the wrong cream like other people. Even though it was wet, it was still AMAZING!! My family loved it and it definitely was one of the best I've tried! I plan on making it again and again until I get it right.
Niquo 2 years agoBrilliant result and so easy to prepare! Beats any tiramisu I've had in any restaurant. Guaranteed clean plates with this one. Thank you!
Leeyl2310 2 years agoA little too much cream for my taste and came out too watery for me. Wonder if it's as the earlier comment said... I used whipping cream so might be the wrong cream perhaps?
joicee12 2 years agoyummy!
Joeylim79 2 years agoIt tastes good! But my cake mix Is watery and not thick enough / I wonder if I bought the wrong whipped cream or I didn't beat the mix enough ..
AlvinPhilemon 2 years agoThis is the best-tasting Tiramisu I've ever eaten! My attempt is in the photos section. I would TOTALLY make this again! :D