78 people want to try | 164 have favorited
1. Cut zucchini in 1/4 inch cubes. Place in a strainer and sprinkle with salt, toss. Set over a bowl for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, heat onion in olive oil over medium low heat for 20-30 minutes. Do not allow to color.
3. Preheat oven to 375. Mix parmesan, garlic puree and egg. Rinse and drain zucchini. Combine parmesan mixture, zucchini and onion, pepper to taste.
4. Roll out pastry. Line the bottom of a pie pan, put in zucchini mixture and cover with another piece of rolled-out pastry. Roll in the edges and press with a fork. Cut a V in the middle to vent. Brush with olive oil.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
* Roasted garlic puree is made by roasting heads of garlic in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes to an hour, wrapped in foil, then pressing through a sieve and mixing with a small amount of olive oil.
This is a rustic-looking tart which would be perfect for your homegrown zucchini. The original recipe recommended baking this on a cookie sheet, but I used a pie pan.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
dakotarussell 1 year agoGreat recipe for when you have extra zucchini on hand. I might dabble with adding a little ham next time, just for kicks, but the recipe was perfect as is.
cajuntoast 7 years agoThis is a rustic-looking tart which would be perfect for your homegrown zucchini. The original recipe recommended baking this on a cookie sheet, but I used a pie pan. [I posted this recipe.]